Monday, February 18, 2008

Happy belated b-day Abe + hello Mich. log cabin adventurers

Since Abraham Lincoln's birthday was last week and today we are celebrating President's Day, I started researching a way to highlight America's favorite president a.k.a. "Honest Abe" and the amazing feats he accomplished during his presidency. Being A.D.D. when it comes to surfing the Internet, I found myself going off on a tangent and ended up discovering a unique blog about a couple who is building a log cabin on a lake in Gaylord, Mich.

And since Lincoln and log cabins seem to go together like PB&J, I decided to give the blog a shout-out.

Ever since I was a little girl, I wanted to live in a log cabin. Maybe it was from watching Little House on the Prairie or playing hours of Oregon Trail on an old school Mac, but there's always been something so peaceful about log cabins and this blog proves just that.

Being a new homeowner, I am fascinated with the hard work that goes along with builing a cabin. And, as always, gotta show a little mitten love. Our state is so gorgeous and full of beautiful nature that I know I take for granted everyday.

Perhaps one day, I'll build a log cabin on the lake.... but for now, I'll stick to the city and read about one couple's adventure here on the great world wide web.

No comments: