Here's the sweet lineup:
- Pat Benatar – June 27 I can't wait to hear Love is a Battlefield live!
- Mark Farner and Mitch Ryder – July 11
- Starship – July 18 We built this city on rock and roll...
- Rick Derringer and Classic Rock All Stars featuring original members of Sugarloaf, Rare Earth, Iron Butterfly, Blues Image and Cannibal & the Headhunters – July 25
- The Guess Who – August 1 My personal fave band in the lineup!
- Kansas – August 8
- Blue Oyster Cult – August 15 More cowbell anyone?
- Foreigner – August 22 HOT BLOODED, baby!
If you haven't checked out the revitalized Detroit riverfront, you are missing out -- it's beautiful and provides the perfect backdrop for summer concerts!
As some of you may know, I've been on the PR-side of this series for the past two years and have loved every second of it. What better thing to promote than music -- well, FREE classic rock -- in downtown? Life is good. If you can make one of these concerts, give me a shout -- I'll even buy you a drink! Or, if you know the bands, but can't remember which songs they sing, let me know and I'll make you a mix CD. Anything to bring you downtown to see them live!