Monday, April 28, 2008

Summer's Approaching... Gear Up for Free Concerts in the D!

I am sure I will be posting all kinds of information about the awesome events that will be taking place in/around the D this summer, but I wanted to let you all know first-hand that I am finally able to spill the beans on who will be performing at the 8-week Friday concert series, Rockin' on the Riverfront!

Here's the sweet lineup:

  • Pat Benatar – June 27 I can't wait to hear Love is a Battlefield live!
  • Mark Farner and Mitch Ryder – July 11
  • Starship – July 18 We built this city on rock and roll...
  • Rick Derringer and Classic Rock All Stars featuring original members of Sugarloaf, Rare Earth, Iron Butterfly, Blues Image and Cannibal & the Headhunters – July 25
  • The Guess Who – August 1 My personal fave band in the lineup!
  • Kansas – August 8
  • Blue Oyster Cult – August 15 More cowbell anyone?
  • Foreigner – August 22 HOT BLOODED, baby!

If you haven't checked out the revitalized Detroit riverfront, you are missing out -- it's beautiful and provides the perfect backdrop for summer concerts!

As some of you may know, I've been on the PR-side of this series for the past two years and have loved every second of it. What better thing to promote than music -- well, FREE classic rock -- in downtown? Life is good. If you can make one of these concerts, give me a shout -- I'll even buy you a drink! Or, if you know the bands, but can't remember which songs they sing, let me know and I'll make you a mix CD. Anything to bring you downtown to see them live!

No comments: