Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Free Ice Cream via Ben & Jerry's

Mark your calendar! The 30th annual FREE scoop day at Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream will be taking place Tuesday, April 29.

For as long as I can remember, I've been a fan of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream. To me, Dairy Queen isn't even on the same playing field -- there's nothing quite like rich, delicious homemade ice cream. B & J's perfect pint size creations are amazing and the company itself is great, too -- boasting Fair Trade Certified products and having a strong community presence in the places where "Scoop Shops" reside.

I've been a fan for such a long time that I even wrote an article for my high school newspaper reviewing Ben & Jerry's various flavors. All were great in some way, but time hasn't changed me -- my top two faves are still Phish Food (chocolate ice cream with marshmallow, caramel swirls and fudge fish -- inspired by the jam band, Phish) and Chunky Monkey (banana ice cream with fudge chunks and walnuts).

My dream is to take a road trip one day to tour the factory, located in Waterbury, Vermont. Until then, I definitely hope to stop by a Scoop Shop for some free ice cream come April 29.

To find a location nearest you, click here. Metro Detroit locations include Ann Arbor, Auburn Hills, Detroit and Royal Oak.

No comments: