Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday Songs: Best Movie Soundtracks

One of the best creations ever was movie soundtracks...not only do they heighten emotions in movies, but they can be some of the best mixes other than your own.

Here's a few of my faves, in no order:

This mix will sure to bring you to every emotion possible - hate to love to freedom to death. Fab compilation. My faves are "Kissing You" by Des'ree and "You and Me Song" by Wannadies.

This mix always reminds me of walking to class during college. I can't pick a favorite song...they all are amazing. However, I do have a bit of a soft spot for "Blue Eyes" by the Cary Brothers because during that time in my life I was dating a blue eyed boy (and my future hubby)...

One of my favorite movies ever. Plus, this reminds me of high school (I'll be honest - it's great to make-out to)! Great tracks: "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John, "Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynrd and "The Wind" by Cat Stevens.

Mediocre movie, but great soundtrack to chill to. "Hard Times" by Eastmountainsouth has amazing harmony.

Another mediocre flick, but I absolutely love this mix of romantic music with a bit of country. "Chances Are" by Detroit-native Bob Seger and Martina McBride and Garth Brooks' rendition of "To Make You Feel My Love" = GORGEOUS.

It just makes sense that I adore the soundtrack of my favorite movie of all time. It's all my favorite hippie-era groups, too: The Doors, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Mammas and the Pappas, etc. Can't get much better than that!

The soundtrack makes the movie worth seeing, although the books are still better. Love Linkin Park, Paramore, Muse and Iron & Wine...but my favorite track doesn't even have words and it was written for the movie: Bella's Lullaby. It's beautiful and fits the books/movie to a T.

Like the movie, this soundtrack is fabulous. I esp. love "How Can You Mend A Broken Heart" by Al Green feat. Joss Stone and a remake of "How Deep Is Your Love" by The Bird & The Bee. I just bought vol. 2 and hopefully it's just as good!

There's many, many more I adore, but this list, my friends, are what I consider the cream of the crop. Are there any others out there I should look into?

1 comment:

KRS said...

hmmm...those are great...
have you heard the sound tracks from:
1) Phenomenon
2) Practical Magic
3) PS I Love You
Three of my favorites!

p.s. I love your new page. It's beautiful.