Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday Songs: Nobody writes a song like Disney

There's nothing more I love than Disney songs. In fact, I've been known to download them onto my iPod and when they randomly come on, an instant smile is brought to my face.

Each song reminds me of my childhood. I could even blame my love for Disney songs on my passion for singing. I remember singing the words to EVERY song from all the classic princess movies from a very young age.

To gear up for the Disney On Ice show I'll be working to promote in the fall, I've decided to list out my favorites and make a playlist to listen to whenever life has got me down. In no particular order, here's my faves:

"Circle of Life" from The Lion King
One of the most powerful intros of any Disney movie IMO. (ask me to sing the intro if you want a laugh)

"A Whole New World" from Aladdin
Aladdin and Jasmine give little girls across the universe hope that love really will take you somewhere new and offer endless possibilities. Whether you agree or not, that's up to the listener.

"Colors of the Wind" from Pocahontas
A very deep song for children for sure. I absolutely love the animation that happens during this scene!

Oh Cinderella, you prove that anything can come true.

"Part of Your World" from The Little Mermaid
Eric, why can't you see Ariel is SO in love with you?

"Hakuna Matata" from The Lion King
No Disney mix is complete without this anthem. It means no worries for the rest of your days....and who doesn't crack up at sidekicks Timon and Puma's lyrics?

"Belle" from Beauty and the Beast
Probably my favorite Disney song ever. As a kid, I loved doing the voices from all of the characters from the movie and the girls I used to babysit would beg me to sing it to them. It's very Broadway-esque, so I'm guessing why I love it so much!

Whoever thought up this song was crazy. And I love it!

"Reflections" from Mulan
This song/movie showcases girl power. This song teaches young women that girls can do anything boys can do.

"Once Upon A Dream" from Sleeping Beauty
If only I was a soprano...I would sing this to my husband!

Have I missed any? What are your favorites?

1 comment:

thatdamnredhead said...

I know where you're coming from - I love it, too. When I worked at Disney I acquired a LOT of Disney music if you want to borrow any. I've got Disney's Greatest Vols. 1-3, plus all the stuff they play in the parks at the attractions, plus the Wishes (fireworks) music, plus the Epcot music . . . yeah just let me know.

Cool finally meeting you last night, btw. :)