Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday Song: "Everything" by Michael Buble + Love & Marriage

"And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times, it's you, it's you, you make me sing. You're every line, you're every word, you're everything."
- Everything, Michael Buble

When Jason and I got married - one year ago today - this was the song we had our first dance to, so now every time I hear it, it makes my heart happy.

I looked back through all of our wedding pictures and through the masses of cards we received today. I wanted to write a post about what I have learned during this first year, but I think the message in a card Jason's cousin gave us sums up what our marriage is and continues to aspire to be...I wanted to keep it electronically so we can continue to reflect on its meaning.

How to make a beautiful life together
Let love be your shelter.
The world is noisy and confusing at times, so make a home that is a haven, a peaceful place where you can listen to your hearts and savor the comfortable closeness you share.

No matter how busy your days may be, make time for yourselves.
Hold hands.
Unwind.
Surprise each other.
Find little chances every day to show you're grateful to be partners, to be friends, to be married.

Life is not perfect.
You will make mistakes, but each time you meet life's challenges together, you will grow wiser, stronger, and surer of your love.

Cherish your yesterdays.
They are irreplaceable souvenirs of your journey through life.
Make memories that will bring smiles and sighs whenever you look back. (Look back often!)

Look forward, too.
Dream together.
Plan together.
Make promises to keep.
Believe in your tomorrows because tomorrows are what forever is made of.

To make love last, put each other first.
That is the way to make a beautiful life together, the kind of life you both deserve so much.

I thank God everyday for allowing me to meet my soul mate. One year down, many decades ahead!

2 comments:

A Super Girl said...

Happy Anniversary!

I'm on a Michael Buble kick these days.

Nikki Little said...

So beautiful! I still feel so honored to have been a part of your wedding. I'll pay you back one day (hopefully sooner than later!) ;)