Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Diving into the Detroit River for a Great Reason! Special Olympics MI

This month I am trying to raise funds for Special Olympics Michigan's Polar Plunge. The Plunge, held at various locations around the state, is an annual fundraiser open to individuals willing to plunge into freezing cold water to raise funds needed to support the year-round athletic training of more than 16,000 athletes across the state.

As you may have read in a post last year, I feel compelled to give back to an organization that has taught me so much about myself. I am excited because two of my girlfriends will be making the plunge with me -- dressed according to our team name, Happily Ever After. (I'll post some photos afterward!)

Feel free to come watch us plunge on Feb. 21 at 10 a.m. at the Roostertail in Detroit. And, if you're feeling generous and want to donate, visit my page here. If you can't, feel free to cheer me on -- I'll need the support (and some liquid courage)!

No comments: