Pandora is like a friend with an endless music collection...who doesn't mind when you tell them the song they're playing is not your style. When you tell Pandora you don't like a song, it remembers and never plays that song again. Likewise, when you tell Pandora you like a track, it remembers and plays a music with a similar vibe.
How it works:
- You visit http://www.pandora.com/ and register for a free account.
- You create a custom station by entering an artist or a song you like (i.e. "Gwen Stefani" or "Piano Man").
- Pandora begins playing music it thinks you will like based on the hundreds of musical details their musician-analysts have attributed to each song in the Pandora library.
- You click thumbs up or thumbs down to tell Pandora what you think. (When you tell Pandora you don't like a song, it immediately skips to the next track...although I rarely don't like a song it chooses for me!)
- You waste the day away listening to quality music and along the way, you learn of tons of great artists you've probably never heard of.
Now visit the site and play away. You'll be amazed to learn how well Pandora can read your mind.