Monday, August 13, 2007

A Wise Man

I just read something profound and beautiful...

A Wise Man
As Ghandi stepped aboard a train one day, one of his shoes slipped off and landed on the track.

As the train started to roll, he was unable to retrieve it. To the amazement of his companions, Ghandi calmly took off his other shoe and threw it back along the track to land close to the first shoe. Asked by a fellow passenger why he did that, Ghandi replied, "The poor man who finds the shoes lying on the track will now have a pair he can use."

I've decided to start a blog displaying a collection of stories/ideas/expressions like this that show the bright spots of life's intracacies. This blog is going to be for my people out there looking for meaning beyond measure in simple everyday things, just like myself.

Each day I read something that makes me feel, whether it's stories of countries far away or right here in the D. It's time to share a little piece of my brain pie with the world.

No comments: