Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Random Ramblings for the Day

Quote to think about
"It's faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living."
--Oliver Wendell Holmes, writer
Well put, Oliver!

Fun outing for the day
McDonald's is giving out FREE coffee in metro Detroit on Wednesday's (not sure for how long). The best part is, we're talking flavored iced lattes too, not just run-of-the-muck icky blackness!

It's true, corporate America can have some heart too... and as a lover of both coffee and all things free, it just made my hump day go by that much quicker!

The glass is half full in the world of Google
When running a Google search for the word "optimism," I found 17,500,000 results.
When I ran a similar search on "pessimism," I found 4,070,000 results.
Funny how that really makes me feel optimistic about the world.

I also learned that your iGoogle homepage can be made into a creative expression of your personality... all you have to do is click on the "add stuff" link. Where have I been with this one, folks?

I went a little crazy and added several quotes of the day, a daily "this day in history" factoid, USA Today headlines, NPR briefs and hot CD releases + more. Man, I am going to become the queen of everything hip now. I honestly learned about five new useless facts, its great!

Some other favorites that can be added: funny cat photos, words of Christ, date ideas, a body fat calculator, beer news, a daily water tracker and a Chuck Norris fact generator (I'm totally adding it now).

Check it. Keep the creativity alive, Google! Soon you'll have me more hooked than Facebook...maybe.

No comments: