Thursday, March 12, 2009

New Favorite Flick: Young @ Heart

The best movie I have seen in a very long time is "Young @ Heart," a documentary chronicling the lives of some very inspiring folks who have two things in common: their average age of 80 years old and their love for music.

Thanks to Netflix's recommendation (it must know my dorky obsession for human-interest documentaries for some reason...), I added this to the top of my list immediately upon reading the description.

The video above is a song by one of my favorite members of the chorus, Fred Kittle, a hilarious man who sang this beautiful rendition of a Coldplay classic, while hooked to a breathing machine. Sadly, I just learned he died in January.

Regardless of the raw emotion associated with real life displayed in this movie, the docu really shows what life is about -- living it to its fullest and making people smile. Watch it when you're feeling down and you are sure to be lifted instantaneously.

No comments: